The ceramic clip-on birds
The colored butterfly sun catchers
the musical picture frame
the stain-glass cat night light
various broken pottery
mix-matched earrings
bell-bottom jeans
single socks
Never used ewers
baby books about the girls (I'll give these to the girls someday)
witch hat
cowboy hat
jester hat
clown wig
wind-up toys
bean bags
bowling game
jump ropes
pick-up stix
bells
dried flowers
dolls
poodle skirts
books, books, books
school work
toy school bus
I've got to stop! I can't stand it any more. All these nic-nacs are just too valuable to me. I'm attached to them all. I'm going to gather them together and sit in the middle of them. I'll have to rent a room for everything to fit.
Change of topic:
We enjoyed our trip to see Scott's mom. Got some great pictures. She looks great and enjoys her apartment. She drives her scooter to the cafeteria, plays bridge with friends, and loves visitors.
We stayed at Vickie's. She's doing amazingly well--I think. Looks great and seems to be adjusting to the changes in her life.
Also saw Marc and Gay and Jennifer. The winery appears to be successful. We picked lots of fresh citrus (lemons, oranges, tangerines, tangelos, grapefruit).
We then flew to Ut to stay with Jackie and Andrew. We had the pleasure of spending time with little Cordell every day. What a smartie--jabber box. Really using a lot of words, short sentences and phrases. Asks questions, uses language to gain more language, lets his wants be known, sings, echoes everything he hears. Lots of fun!!
Great trip except for the sprained ankle. So much pain it made me nauseated. Used a wheelchair in the airports, hobbled around trying to keep up with everybody else, and iced every chance I got. Bruised and swollen.
Next: can't wait to get to AZ to see Kasey, Karl, and Carson. I love Kasey's blog. Can't wait to play with Carson. We're sure proud of Karl and all the he has accomplished--we look forward to attending his graduation.
Hat boxes
falling apart seasonal wreaths
unfinished crafts from 1970's to 2009
antique sewing machine
antique typewriter
pocket frog
farm animals
broken games with missing pieces
boxes in boxes
bags in bags
"Under the sea" decorations
old tap, jazz, and ballet shoes/costumes
water-damaged books
broken picture frames
broken guitars
stuffed, plush toys of the girls'
old, gently-used children's clothing circa 1970-1990
cat collection (over 100 ceramic cat figurines)
box of extra game pieces
Too much! Sounds like an ad for a seven-family yard sale!
When I start to go through these items, three things happen:
1. Disgust at self for being so out of control
2. Nostalgia for the past and the meaning behind each item
3. Feeling overwhelmed and unable to continue (too big a job)
4. Evil thoughts of just letting my children deal with it all after I'm gone. Ha ha ha.
Perhaps the kids should start saving their money so they can buy a steam shovel.
Ahhh.
Admitting the problem is a good start. I deserve a break now.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment